Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Podcast Ads for Low CAC and High Scale

The worst-kept secret about me is that I love podcasts. I listen to them when I'm sitting on the train, walking to the grocery store, and working out in the gym. Specifically, I passionately follow histories covering a wide variety of topics and eras, such as the Roman Empire, the Haitian Revolution, and the rise of the Mongols. You know, real nerd stuff. I love listening so much that I give literally hundreds of hours of my time to listen to every detail, every decree and every battle, and so you can bet that if somebody's about to do something nefarious and say Livia did it, I'll be
listening.

So it made me happy when a recent TechCrunch article touted the financial benefits of supporting those who entertain and enlighten me. It makes sense, to target such loyal listeners, right?

It turns out that there is a lot of money on the table, and there are benefits to marketers who get in on the action early.

Some figures from the article:






No comments: