Thursday, February 09, 2023

Podcast Advertising is Becoming a Pretty Big Deal

Podcast Marketing Stats for Businesses

I am not sure this is exactly digital marketing, but I think there is something to this whole podcast marketing deal. I listen to a total of two podcasts, and I only listen to one of them regularly. I can however, recite most of the ads on both of them by heart. It's a lot like influencer social media marketing for your ears I guess and after reading the article, I realized that I have paid a lot more attention to the ads from my podcasts than from pretty much anywhere else I see or hear ads. Magic Spoon, Vuori joggers, Helix Mattresses, Alamo Drafthouse, Bob's Steak and Chophouse, Eatzi's Market & Bakery, I can recite all of their ads and the only place I hear them are on my two podcasts. I'm not saying this is the future of advertising, but I remember them for some reason and I couldn't tell you the last commercial I saw or the last ad I clicked on intentionally. I bring this to this forum to raise the question, what role should podcast advertising play in a CMO's plan to drive sales? 

Whether you buy it or not about podcasts, this little article was a bit of content provided by a digital marketing agency as an ad in the hopes that you will consider using them to help you fill out your content strategy etc. This article/ad was included in a daily newsletter that was sent to me by another digital marketing agency in the hopes that I will want to use them because they send me daily content. Pretty slick. 

No comments: