Saturday, October 08, 2022

Dish Leverages Digital Marketing Gap to Optimize Operations

Seventy percent of restaurants in Europe lack a digital presence. This was proven true as my family and I were looking for a quick bite away from all the noise and tourist traps on the Champs-Elysees Ave. in Paris. As we made our way off the main road, I pulled my phone out and typed "food near me" in Google Search, and the only restaurants that populated on Google maps were the overly priced restaurants on Champs-Elysee that we left behind. I thought this to be odd since I was standing right next to an open restaurant and had a couple more in my field of view. I hit the refresh button and again no restaurants populated. I had no reviews to base our decision off of what restaurant we would choose, so we chose the old school way. We compared the menus posted on the windows and based our decision off of menu, ambience, and how busy it looked. As an aspiring restauranteur, I thought it was insane that a restaurant in developed, expansive, saturated, busy and touristy city like Paris not prioritize at least getting themselves on Google maps. This gap in the market is paving the way for food tech companies like Dish to fill this void. Dish is a one stop shop for European restauranteurs to have their websites, delivery platforms, and Google Business page created and managed by experts at a fraction of what DoorDash charges in the States. Additionally, Dish is owned by European wholesale food retailer, Metro, which intends to leverage the data they receive from restaurants utilizing Dish to optimize their supply chain and get a real time inside look to all their menus and most sold items. Dish hopes to become the "Toast" of Europe and take advantage of the this wide gap in restaurant digital footprint. 

No comments: