Saturday, October 22, 2022

Why Oktoberfest needs to revamp their website

 I recently visited Oktoberfest as part of CBS International Seminar week. Considering my past experiences at American Oktoberfest festivals, my bar for the logistics, customer service, and cleanliness was set very low. Once on the fairgrounds, Oktoberfest provided a high-quality brand experience that was reinforced by every touchpoint from the moment of arrival. The punctuality of our reservation, the visually appealing spread of delicious Bavarian food staples waiting for us at our tables, and the timeliness of our servers in taking our orders cannot help but make you feel important as the customer. Every interaction with the staff at Oktoberfest reinforced their customer-oriented service that made the event that more delightful. What impressed me the most was the overall cleanliness of the tent and its public facilities. The crowd’s energy, the free-spiritedness of dancing on the benches, the picturesque Bavarian food, the taste of the beer, the sound of the live band, the spatial environment and its grand décor appealed to all the senses. Before attending Oktoberfest, I was unaware of the details of this two week-long event. My perception was that it was a highly exclusive sloppy international all day drinking fest. However, the opposite was true. Oktoberfest is a two-week celebration where Germany proudly showcases their culture and tradition to the world. Oktoberfest could do a better job through their website and social media platforms, of sharing their story with the rest of the world and capture emotional engagement. They could also do a better job of sharing how accessible Oktoberfest is and that there is more to take advantage of besides the tents. It was not until I returned the following night that I learned of all the amazing food that was sold throughout the festival grounds. I also would have never imagined that it was family friendly. Had I known how well put together, spectacular, and fun Oktoberfest was, I would have not waited until I was 32 to make the trek to Munich for this unforgettable brand experience. 

 

No comments: