Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Google being sued by the DOJ for monopolizing digital ad tech

 https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/justice-department-sues-google-monopolizing-digital-advertising-technologies


So this dropped and I wonder if it will have any teeth. Does Google have anything to fear and would we all really be much better off with other options? I guess competition is good for the consumer, but what does a solution really look like? I have more questions than commentary on what looks to be a real threat to Google's dominance. Is it a real threat though? They've beaten the rap before and they certainly have the technology, money, and power to fight the case. I wouldn't want to bet against Google even though I 100% believe that they have a somewhat monopolistic stronghold on the digital advertising business. Time will tell, but this case could change the game in digital advertising. 

No comments: