Monday, September 13, 2021

Firing Neurons - Exposure Without Clicks

 Firing Neurons - Exposure Without Clicks

When ads follow you around the internet, the images become imprinted upon your mind. The repeated firing of those image sensing neurons builds and builds 

until 

BAM!

they reach saturation and you are compelled to engage and maybe even make that purchase.

Now you have that brand or product top of mind and they have captured mind space. 

SUCCESS!

But no ads have been clicked, no banner ads, no videos, no social ads despite seeing dozens.

As a digital marketer, if I am paying 10x or 100x or 1,000x as much for a click as I am for exposure then why am I so focused on clicks? Is it just because of trackability and attribution through a funnel? How does this exposure-sale vs. click-sale vary by type and quality of the product? 

If my product is great, do I need the directness of attribution for clicks or do I trust that just awareness of my superior product will deliver the results when the need arises?  

Does the product fill a NEED or am I trying to promote WANT?  If NEED, how likely is the consumer going to have that need at the moment they are seeing the ad? If you have the exposure do clicks (a signal of whether need exists at that moment) really matter?

Its time to optimize our digital marketing strategies for exposure and prime the neurons of the market to fire when needed.



No comments: