Friday, September 17, 2021

Selling FinTech marketing schemes to a traditional manager...

 https://latana.com/post/fintech-marketing-strategy/

First, and candidly, I am taking this class because I am pretty frustrated with my firm's marketing strategy. I manage a good portion of the sales team and have for years hoped for a more nuanced approach...now on another CMO, I am starting to lose faith. But, hope springs eternal, lets ask some questions that might help us know if we are getting it right and what my firm might actually want to incorporate, a la the numerous FinTech approaches (great article above).

Customer centricity: Does our product or its promotion actually align with our target's desired attributes? I think our marketing process should provide this kind of feedback...FinTech gets this.

Experiential: So, so many traditional managers have white papers and offering sheets galore on their website. But what if we designed our website to interact with our targets? Many examples. Also, if effective, wouldn't we mine a ton of additional data?

Education: We think we do this via our white papers...how can we find out if we are a trusted source? Note: we actually did find out once! We started an impact investing website without our branding. New hires and colleagues throughout the industry mentioned the site as a great source. But how could learn this via our marketing technology?

Game-ifcation: Um, we don't do this...I am thinking we should start, no? Many high growth firms do...

Affiliates: This one I will take on directly: we should be doing this, formally. We offer a singularly focused product, unlike our diversified peers. We could establish arms length, beneficial relationships with firms working with or trusted by our targets. 

No comments: