Thursday, January 21, 2021

New Marketing Trend - Instagram Collaboration

 

New Marketing Trend - Instagram Collaboration

January 20, 2021


Article 1: https://onezero.medium.com/what-happens-when-you-actually-dm-a-dm-to-collab-instagram-scammer-76feaddbe4b5

Article 2: https://www.thedesigntwins.com/how-to-master-instagram-collaboration/

I have been interested in Instagram collaboration since I started being reached out to become part of this trend. I am a regular Instagram user with only 750 followers. 

When it started last summer, I did not understand what it was all about and I decided to get informed. I started reading and I learned about this new trend, the various scams, and the infinite possibilities to do brand collaboration in Instagram.

I started off by rejecting every message, then I accepted a few based on the guideline to only approve if the items being sent were for FREE. I learned, by experience, that many of these companies are scams, their products are cheap, and mostly, what they send is potentially not something you'd like to show on your feed. However, I don't regret trying it out. I learnt about this new trend, about the way companies approach you, and I also learnt that I would in fact be interested if the company would be one of my interest. In some cases, I even received nice products that I was able to use.

These articles in particular paints a good guide towards what/how/when to do and don't fall for this trend this. It describes different means in which companies try to approach Instagram users, and how most of them are actually fake companies. I believe it's important to understand about these digital marketing tactics not to fall into lies and potentially lose money, or lose engagement, but also to learn how to do use this tool and turn your IG passion from a hobby into something bigger.


No comments: