Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Pop-Up Ads

Hello!

First off, I would like to suggest the website www.YouSendIt.com to anyone who has to send a large file to someone over the Internet. The site is great and allows you to upload files up to 1GB, then it sends someone a link and allows that person to download the file for themselves. It works great (I just had my friend send me a 290 Mb Quicktime file).

Either case, I was just poking around the site trying to learn a bit more about the company and happened to click on the "Advertise with Us" button. It took me to a company called AdBrite, which I guess is handling their intersitial ads (pop-up ads).

Click HERE to check it out...

AdBrite is kind of funky..it sells advertising on various sites, and let's you do it like you were using the Shopping Cart feature at Amazon or something. Furthermore, AdBrite displays demographic information such as the average age, sex, income, etc. of YouSendIt's users.

At the end, AdBrite even gives suggestions of other sites people might want to advertise if they were advertising with YouSendIt.

AdBrite also does standard CPC ads for YouSendIt.

Anyway, I just thought it was interesting for you guys to see internet advertising done in such a retail manner...

No comments: