Tuesday, December 04, 2007

LA Times adds Mixx

Since we were talking about newspapers online I thought it would be interesting to note how they are connecting to social bookmarking sites to drive more traffic. LA Times just announced that it will incorporate Mixx (similar to Digg) into its website. Wall Street Journal has already started using Digg buttons on its website. I think it is interesting how these newspapers are trying to incorporate the social trend. I personally think there is too much social networking surrounding us, I would not mind a break when I read my news.



http://venturebeat.com/2007/12/04/la-times-invests-in-mixx-integrates-social-news-site

1 comment:

RRD said...

Digg, stumbleupon, reddit, delicious and other social bookmarking sites are now essential to the marketing and distribution of content across the web. In the future, it will be almost impossible (except for those sites who are really out of touch or whose users pay for the content) to get away.