Saturday, October 08, 2022

Recruiting Top Talent with....TikTok πŸ™ƒπŸ™‚

 As the COO of a headhunting/staffing firm, we are always thinking about ways to reach talented  candidates for our clients as well as for our own vacancies. We rely on a multitude of active and passive channels to source these candidates and we have a marketing and advertising budget in the tens of millions. Yet, like most of the talent acquisition industry, social media -- apart from LinkedIn -- has never been a core asset. 

I first became interested in the idea of using TikTok professionally when I was out to dinner with a group of colleagues out of our Boston office about a year ago. My colleague was telling us about her beloved dog, "Eric the Bully" and a TikTok video of him that had garnered more than one million views (as of today its 11m+). I had to ask several times for clarification and I demanded to see this apparently viral video. "A *million* views?", I said. "You must be kidding." Nope. She wasn't kidding. 

It didn't make any sense to me, and it still doesn't to this day. How could such simple content attract so many eyeballs? Regardless of the answer, I left that dinner convinced that we (my company) needed to be TikTok. I didn't know why there were so many eyeballs on there. It just matter that there were so many eyeballs on there. 

https://www.hrcloud.com/blog/5-tips-and-tricks-to-use-tiktok-for-your-recruiting-needs#:~:text=TikTok%20Resumes%20is%20one%20of,popular%20content%20type%20%E2%80%93%20short%20videos


No comments: