Thursday, February 01, 2018

Diet Coke brand revived: "Because I can"

http://adage.com/article/special-report-super-bowl/stop-diet-coke-s-super-bowl/312119/

Since we're the number types, I think its best we get straight to the numbers. Diet Coke U.S. volume declined by 4.3% last year. Its competition, Diet Pepsi fared worse, declined 7.7%. Nevertheless, Diet Coke which accounts for 27% of sales still remains the second most important brand after Coke for CoCola Inc. So the company decided to revitalize the brand in the hopes to stop shrinkage and hopefully captivate more millenniums. A classic digital media campaign in full motion.

An ingenious tagline "because I can", two separate Ad agency and a gigantic budget dedicated towards differents channel from Superbowl TV adds, to YouTube and other digital media make this a terrific digital marketing opportunity. Yet, to my surprise when I googled "because I can", I did not see Coke ads.

https://www.google.com/search?q=because+I+can

Go ahead, may be you'll have better luck!

Would this change in two weeks just after the Superbowl campaign? We'll just have to wait and see. If it doesn't then its time for Coke's Digital Marketing head to take our class!

Now we digress. The campaign itself is very appealing and well structured. The idea of using lower profile day to day celebrity endorsement is quite frankly brilliant. The new sleek thinner can and flavors like cherry, mango and orange is a perfect compliment to the tagline and "Zesty" appeal.

I only hope they get their digital marketing right. Who wouldn't like a flavored Diet Coke which is chick and cool to drink!






No comments: