Thursday, February 04, 2016

Twitter To My Flying Rescue?

Mother Nature has a funny sense of humor and she likes to royally screw up the best laid travel plans across the globe.  You often hear of stories where passengers were saved (albeit without the baptism) by tweeting the digital help departments of their carrier of choice when they are stuck in Timbuktu for various reasons.  This often happens without even needing to speak to a human live on the phone.  Case in point right here.


I thought I would give this option a whirl when I learned my Delta flight was delayed for hours.  Rather than dying a slow death in LAX waiting for my flight to take off, I thought @DeltaAssist would also be the answer to my prayers.


Alas, @DeltaAssist was not my knight in shining armor that day.  In fact, they did not even respond.  (Rude.)  However, the idea that I can resolve my travel related issues electronically without needing to spend ungodly amounts of time waiting in a hold queue on the phone is truly a delight.  Fingers crossed that this option actually works out for me in the future should the need arise.  Perhaps I need more than 16 followers for them to take notice?  Details, details...

No comments: