Friday, September 20, 2019

Staying on Page 1 with Keywords, Hashtags

After last week's class, I knew I needed to up my game with keywords and hashtags. I went down a hashtag rabbit hole on Instagram, but it will be worth it. To deepen my understanding of what people are searching for online and what's trending in the cider world, I started to follow more and more hashtags relevant to my business.

https://digitalmarketinginstitute.com/en-us/blog/8-ways-to-get-noticed-on-instagram

I took some of the advice of this site and wanted to understand my target niche. I know the demographic I'm trying to reach, but what are the hashtags they are following? What do they want to stumble upon?

In addition to following all of my direct competitors, which I was already doing, I also started following brands and accounts that are either indirect competitors or are adjacent interests. That way, I can see how they are positioning themselves and what their followers like.

I also took the plunge and posted my first piece of content on my business instagram - a video! While there are so many "to dos" and "what not to dos", standing still is not an option. Content is king and we all have to start somewhere. With enough (popular) posts, Page 1 on search will become a reality!

No comments: