Sunday, February 23, 2020

Baby Yoda


When Disney entered the streaming space, it needed a way to entice viewers to add yet another streaming service to the long -- and growing -- list of streaming services. What they came up with was a baby. Baby Yoda to be exact. What about Baby Yoda is so captivating? Personally, I don’t see it. He’s cute, but not the reason I tuned into the show (I was hoping to see the character development of the Mandelorian -- key word is "hoping."). Baby Yoda’s backstory is mysterious which adds to the intrigue. He has limited movement (head tilts, ears moving up and down, eyebrows furrow and unforrows) which decreases the chance of him doing something annoying. And he has limited vocabulary. He also has a streak of mischief and has saved the Mandelorian and his friends more than once. And if you want to see what cute thing he’s going to do next, you have to tune into Disney+. Disney made a smart move hitching their debut onto a baby alien. What next though? Brooding teenager Yoda? Acne face Yoda? I guess I’ll have to continue my Disney+ subscription to find out.

No comments: