Thursday, February 04, 2021

Investing on Influencers? It is a Key Success for Hello Fresh

A few years ago, I remember using meal kit (Blue Apron) for the first time just because A. I had a great subscription offer, B. I was too busy going on grocery shopping but want to cook myself. Meal kit was a great solution for me at that time. However, given the great subscription offer which only lasted for 2 weeks and I was getting bored of choosing the meal kit every week, I quit in the end.

High customer churn rate is one of the biggest challenges for meal kit companies. Meal-kit subscriptions are expensive, they produce a lot of physical waste, and they are convenient for only a very specific subset of consumers: people who are too busy to shop for and plan meals but still have the time and motivation to spend 30-60 minutes each evening cooking dinner. Many customers would sign up  at a discount rate and then either switch to another service (for another discount) or just discard the idea entirely (I guess that's me).

Hello Fresh whom one of the largest meal kit company in the US was successful enough to use the digital marketing strategy. Attracting new customers by forming "Influencer Army." Interestingly, HelloFresh has fully embraced the potential of influencer marketing, hiring thousands of influencers and microinfluencers  across different fields and mediums. The investment in influencer marketing helped HelloFresh build momentum for more organic social media marketing efforts.

In this digital market world, investing in Influencer seems to be the new trend rather than investing into News papers or DMs.

No comments: