Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Can Facebook Make Me Rich??

I have long wondered this and thought of many ideas that could generate revenue from this mega social website. However it seems the very next time I log in, there's already a "Ilike" or "xmas tree" or "amazon books" application. But this is a good article on "howstuffworks.com" on how to make money on facebook.

http://money.howstuffworks.com/facebook-rich.htm

If you're a software developer with a little ambition and a good idea, then Facebook may be the company that makes you a very wealthy person. The social networking site that began in 2004 as a way for college students to keep in touch has expanded to allow everyone to create their own Facebook page. Since then, Facebook has carved a niche for itself in the tech world as a company that is willing to break through the traditional barriers of business.

1 comment:

Marcia said...

I wonder what makes more money on Facebook, the ads or the apps?

As a user, I know it is easier for me to deal with the ads... for some reason they are easier to ignore than the apps. There is always a friend who is constantly responding to every app and sending invitations. Honestly, it gets rather annoying. The ads, they just sit there... I never click on them. I ignore them completely, which of course makes me think about how many others like me are out there. Do people really click on the ads? Apparently they do and it's in great measure what has brought FB its revenue.