Thursday, November 22, 2007

Google Search vs. MSFT Live Search

I heard from a former MSFT employee that his colleagues use the best product out there regardless of brand. In the past month, many MSFT employees have supposedly been switching from the Google search engine to MSFT's Live Search (www.live.com). Even if MSFT's Live Search is better, are the majority of today's users too entrenched with Google to consider switching?

I went to Live Search and tried it out. IMO, I don't think it's any better than Google's or Yahoo.

On another note...if you guys haven't purchased www.YourName.com, you should before someone else does! :)

Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Junghee said...

I don't use live.com very much for search unless I can't find something on Google, but I do use Live.com exclusively for maps. I find it far superior to Google maps mainly because Google Maps seems to have trouble recognizing some addresses (i.e. NJ addresses where the street name is a highway, etc). I find live.com maps supply just as much info if not more than google maps. I guess MSFT is doing something right.