Sunday, December 08, 2013

SpaghettiOs' Dubious Tweet to Remember Pearl Harbor Enrages Twitter

I found this article interesting given the fact that there was so much anger toward spaghettio's for their "insensitive" tweet about Pearl Harbor and also that anyone actually follows Spaghettio's on Twitter. While I am not an extremely heavy user of twitter, I cant for the life of me figure out what anyone could possibly think they would get out of following Spaghettio's on twitter...do people really not have anything better to do? Secondly, there were some very angry people about the picture that Spaghettio's tweeted...it was not overly offensive, but some people didn't like the fact that they put their brand of a Spaghettio holding an American flag. I understand that this isn't in the best taste and it would have been enough to just have an american flag or even just text, but they crossed the line in many peoples eyes. I believe that we will see more of this before we see less as many brands are in the infancy stages of learning how to use social media to interact with their customer base.

http://mashable.com/2013/12/07/spaghettios-twitter-pearl-harbor/

No comments: