Friday, November 08, 2019

"Innovate or die" is a key mantra for Bob Iger, chairman and chief executive officer of Disney. (Tiffany Hagler-Geard/Bloomberg/Getty Images)


Bob Iger is already very famous but might become even better known soon.  Disney + is about to start on Nov 12th.  What will this do to Netflicks and other streaming services is the question? 

So far Bob has done a great job with taking the brand of Disney to the next level.  But is it just about the brand or the service?  For me, I absolutely love Disney stuff but how much can I watch it? I would assume that after a couple of weeks I would be tired of just watching Disney.  So am I willing to watch other streaming services?  I don't think they have enough for me never to see other stuff.  Or maybe they are just trying to become another added service?

However, it won't be long before we know if this plan by Bob is going to succeed.  I do agree that you must continue to innovate to stay in business these days.  However, with innovation, there is also a lot of risks.  So the question really becomes can you survive a failure?

We cannot wait to see.

By Jeannie Marmol A.K.A Idreamof

website: https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/08/media/disney-bob-iger-risk-takers/index.html

No comments: