Thursday, January 20, 2022

How do we meme stock our way out of social media?

Over the course of the last year, I've watched all common sense go out the window and people pile into a trend that just makes no sense. AMC, GME, valuations through the roof. I'm all about people's willingness to "stick it to the man" but, how do we harness the droves of people who are doing this to stick it to someone more influential? I'm a geek of sorts, farm animal geek, sea creature geek, Settlers of Catan geek, Game of Thrones geek... heck, I'm even a NARP! I am not, however, an internet geek but, I do know a thing or two about stocks AND I've seen Mr. Robot. If individuals are able to organize to rock the financial markets... why are they only focusing on Uncle Sam? Don't they know that he's so yesteryear and Zuckerburg and his cronies are the ones to shake-up? As everyone and their mothers' and grandmothers' (UGH) brains are melting like a Mister Softee in August... people are getting there sh*t together enough to make AMC look more like MSFT than the sticky sad rat den on your neighborhood block. Why the heck aren't they out there to save Granny and their teenage brother's body image? What will it take for people to organize and quit the mind-numbing stupifier that is social media? Your guess is as good as mine but, I would put my money and what's left of my PTON stock on the folks in these gaming chat rooms who are manipulating the financial markets.  

No comments: