Thursday, February 21, 2019

Limiting screen time and how it will affect digital marketing

As a father of two little ones, I often think about how much time we should allow my oldest to play with the ipad.  While we don't like doing it often times it's one of us on two kids and when we are trying to get one ready we need something to keep the other child busy.  I'm not sure how our parents do it but Peppa Pig does the trick in our house.  What started as a band aid to hold my oldest daughter over for a few minutes started to turn into a habit. 

I have thought about pulling the plug on the ipad completely, but at this point I don't have a backup plan.  At the same time I want them to be technologically saavy as their parents certainly aren't. 

It is interesting to see how the things my daughter clicks on when she is in youtube suddenly follow my around on the ipad when I go to use it.  After a few lectures in Digital Marketing it now makes sense to my what is actually going on behind the scenes. 

No comments: