Thursday, February 25, 2010

Twitter

In class we have been listening to people talking about Twitter all the time and how they create some much buzz around trends, and how they can make or break a movie’s weekend box office. I think that the concept is very interesting for companies that want to understand more in depth how their brand is viewed by users, and what the latest trends are. As a company you can extract a lot of information and analytics that can help you improve your product offering and target different customer segments. But as a Twitter user, what do you really get that you cannot get elsewhere online?

I just don’t understand why you would want to follow anyone on Twitter when you can meet them in person or talk to them on the phone. Also taking into account all the issues with privacy and companies trying to market their products to you, it is a turn off. I am just not interested, but on the other hand, I guess I must not be their target segment.

No comments: