Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Who has time for games?

There are so many different social networks out there and various gaming sites.

I just don't understand what networks like Facebook, BEBO and Twitter are trying to do. Are they trying to become a gaming site or act as a social network?

People who signed up for Facebook when it first came out, I don't think these games are really a big positive. To me, they seem an absolute waste of time and incredible waste of money - "virtual currency"! How can you spend money on something virtual??

I like that everyone I know is on my social network but there are so many things cluttering up the website nowadays that it is starting to get a bit annoying. According to the article below, it is noted that that almost 83% of people in a survey played games on Facebook!

That also makes me question how young the people who join these sites are. But the article shows that the average age of a person who plays games is 43!

I just wish there was one site out there not trying to achieve everything in the world but I guess not everyone is like me - who just wants a simple social networking site that allows me to keep in touch with my friends.

No comments: