Thursday, August 08, 2013

Gmail tabbed inboxes has email marketers reeling

Personally, I love the new Gmail inboxes with the new tabs for organization. In fact, I don't know how I lived without it for so long. It auto-slots each of my emails into broad categories (Primary, Social, Promotions, etc.) This new feature has made my job of sorting through my emails much easier.

However, I came across this post the other day that describes how email marketers are scrambling to find out how to "survive" and continue to get their customers to open emails. Google's algorithm on how they are filtering the emails is very robust, but I'm sure in the coming weeks, there will be many clever programmers and marketers trying to figure out a way around it so they can make sure their emails show up in customer's Primary mailbox.

http://blogs.hbr.org/cs/2013/07/how_email_marketers_can_survive_gmails_tabbed_inbox.html

No comments: