Saturday, August 10, 2013

LinkedIn To Leads To Sales

I've been devoting a significant portion of my work to Lead Generation recently, and I have found that more than once, in our B2B sales environment, the decision maker could have been identified significantly more easily and reached faster by order of magnitude by simply leveraging the professional networks of colleagues.

Is it that the physical walls that separate Sales from Product are translating to the online world and preventing the bridging of structural holes in networks? Or, and I favor this view, is it the fact the because LinkedIn is used to network for job-finding, people seldom look for people in their current organization, thus reducing the reach of the professional network that Sales can tap into in order to generate leads?

Because I favor the latter view, my current recommendation to anyone in charge of lead generation is to take a proactive role in training Sales and Product people alike in the benefits of searching in linked as well as promoting a culture of internal networking, especially where B2B business is conducted in verticals with high degrees of specialization.




No comments: