Wednesday, August 14, 2013

The Green Goodness of Social Media

Sometimes I wonder why I spend time on facebook, then I am reminded of days like today. In five minutes of checking status updates, I was able to see that my brother is going to Detroit for business in marketing and another friend just arrived in Cairo for his work as a reporter. Facebook is going to continue to be a transformational tool in how people communicate and network with each other. That said, I think that it loses it's value and starts to reach a point of diminishing returns after 100 contacts. I cannot take the time to check updates from 500 to 1000 people. However, people that I know and know me, I really want to keep up with, and sometimes I do not have time to call them. However, in the last 5 minutes I was able to see a picture of my brother passing South of 8-Mile Road and a post from Fred at CNN. Good stuff, keep it up facebook. (I also saw a post that said, "You might be a soldier if you have ever drank until 5am and then run 7 miles." Fair point, Jeff Foxworthy.)

No comments: