Saturday, August 03, 2013

Instagram is my new facebook

Facebook has failed me........I don't claim to be different than anyone else but I have too many friends and I don't care about most of them.....so I don't go on facebook. My solution to staying up to speed with my friends was to sign up for instagram. Currently, I follow only 20 of my closest friends and can see their lives in real time through pictures. What is the first thing I do on a Sunday morning? Open up instagram and see what my friends uploaded last night.

The other failure of facebook is that it asks for too much information. Instagram requires none.  As a user I just want to stay in touch with my social network. They don't need to know where I went to school and what my political affiliation is. I understand why facebook does what it does but I just feel that instagram is better for staying in touch with friends. Instagram is visual and if a picture really strikes me I can "like it" with a simple touch or even post a comment.

Move over facebook.....instagram is here.

No comments: