Monday, August 05, 2013

Privacy

     When you see some portal sites, like Yahoo, you can see the advertisement suited for your preference. Why? This is because they gather information about what kind of website you click. There are some arguments about this marketing way in some countries. Some don’t want to utilize their personal search history because of privacy issue. I think this marketing way should be careful.


    I didn’t care until last week but now I don’t like this way now. Last week, I tried to buy some magazine on Amazon.com and was searching it. By clicking the evaluation for product of other people again and again, I happened to reach swim suite magazine. This is focused on women’s swimsuits and there are a lot of women in swimsuits. I was curious about this magazine and just checked some for a while. Next day, when I  enjoyed searching website, my wife asked me to use internet. I let her use my laptop and she tried to buy diaper on Amazon. However, the top page on Amazon showed the previous history and recommendation based on my previous click. She found that I looked at those magazines and seemed to look down on me…. This way may be effective but sometimes it deprives me of freedom.

No comments: