Thursday, March 26, 2020

Link in Bio: An Autobiography


Link in Bio: An Autobiography

Following what felt like 100 days of self-isolation due to the Coronoavirus outbreak in NYC, I needed a project to take my mind off the stress of school, work, health, and global economics. With an established creative outlet, a music-focused radioshow turned podcast called "Mott Mates", and a growing trend of live streaming DJ sets on Instagram, I set out to create an event that would increase the social distance while maintaining our physical distance.

After building a landing page on our podcast website, I set out to complete the advertising phase of the event. As I went to paste the URL into my Instagram profile, I noticed it looked highly unprofessional compared to others I had seen. The link was so long that it just ran off the page, and looked a bit untrustworth!

https://www.mottmates.com/radio/2020/3/25/episode-50-live-stream-event


This is when my world was opened to the market of 'Link in Bio' services. There are dozens of offerings that allow link shortening services tailored for Instagram; these services also allow for multiple landing pages per link, as you are limited to one link in your profile per Instagram's rules. These services grow to allow for influencer tracking to analyze which users are driving traffic to your website. I ended up using a Singapore based service called "Lnk.Bio" which helped me create an elegant link with ease!

No comments: