Saturday, April 18, 2020

Tik Tok

Tik Tok feels like the big winner out of the quarantine period.

I went from not knowing what this app even was, to now constantly watching videos of hilarious dances and scripts. Everyone from the youth to parents (being forced by their kids) have jumped in. I haven't made my Tik Tok debut yet, but the time feels near. Especially if quarantine persists. I'm not sure I have the coordination to do these choreographed dances, but they sure look cool.

I'm wondering if FB/Instagram would acquire TikTok as the next social platform.

The question for me is if a monetization strategy can take place on the app. Perhap brand awareness is enough, but Instagram has found away to capture significant ad revenue on the platform. If Tik Tok can replicate this strategy, this may be the next billion + valuation social media platform. 

No comments: