Saturday, July 09, 2011

Email obsession

As a newbie to US, one thing I have been struggled over the past six months is the overloading of emails both from CBS and every web service i've ever tried. According to a research survey, on average, American digital consumers spent 5.5 hours a week on email, compared to 20 minutes in China. When tons of emails flow into your inbox everyday, i feel annoyed particularly by those commerical emails. As soon as i saw the name of 'sender', i threw them into junkbox. I know i waste too much time by doing this, simply because i am too lazy to unsubscribe.

Even though Google Priority Inbox could ease the burdern, it is hard to be disciplined and not to look into unimportant emails. It is human nature to be intrigued by things that you are not supposed to look into. Ruthless time management is a big challenge for me. Email marketing seems effective in US, but I doubt if it could be successful in my home country.

No comments: