Monday, July 11, 2011

Social Networking Backlash

I can’t help but feel jaded when I log on to Facebook these days. The volume of the content has just gotten overwhelming. My homepage and profile are constantly inundated with party invitations, game invitations, messages, product group requests… you name it. Moreover, people post pictures of every incident that’s of any interest in their lives. Every holiday and family event finds its place on Facebook, to the extent that it eats away my curiosity to travel anywhere new! To add to this confusion, Google has now jumped on the bandwagon. But Google+ is only getting popular because people are mentioning it all over Facebook!
I feel like tuning off and pulling a plug on the world of social media. Are there others like me? Is Facebook reaching its plateau? How is it going to evolve to manage the barrage of content?

No comments: