Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Digital Marketing in Action!

Well, wouldn't you know it? I just saw the PERFECT example of what we learned in Professor Kagan's Digital Marketing class, and it happened right on our class blog! I just finished a post on the newly announced partnership between Starbucks and tech start-up Square (check out that post here), and when I went back into the blog to view my newly published post, the ad tile immediately below my post was for...you guessed it...Square! Here is a screengrab:


You can see my post on top and the Square advertisement beneath it. Clearly, I was identified as someone who would potentially utilize the services that Square provides, as I was found to be reading a blog that has a post about Square. This a great example of targeted display advertising at its best!

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

Speaking of digital marketing in the real word, do you think Obama and Romney use digital advertising to promote their respective campaigns? Indeed they do. The below article claims Obama actually outspends Romney 4:1 with digital ads, but both parties place ads on Twitter, Facebook and Google. How much do they spend? Since Obama started his campaign in last spring, he's spent a whopping $31 million dollars! Even the President recognizes the value of digital advertising.


http://www.clickz.com/clickz/news/2199648/obama-outspends-romney-on-digital-ads-4-1