Sunday, July 28, 2013

Email Marketing

During the class, I was surprised to hear that companies still devote a significant amount of their marketing budget towards those annoying emails that spam your inboxes each and every day.  Most of us either delete them in the mornings, or just create outlook rules to move them to a "junk" folder. 

Obviously, I am exaggerating.  There are emails you receive that you actually signed up for and look forward to receiving like my wife and her RueLaLa/Gilt/Hautelook etc. emails.

Here is an example of an email I received from Hotels Tonight that was witty, and had a link to a interest article..
 Hotel Tonight Email

..and it referenced an article on buzzfeed.com that interesting ideas about how to beat the heat in the summertime..
Buzz Feed Article

I thought this email was interesting and engaging, and referenced something cool to engage Hotel Tonight's customers. 

 

No comments: