Saturday, July 13, 2013

I'm ready for the next step Siri. Will you move in with me?

I'm ready for the next step in our relationship Siri. Will you move in with me? I'm already married, but I'm pretty sure my wife is cool with it.

My choice for the best of Geek Week is the anticipation of what Apple will do next. Ever since Tim Cook was on 60 Minutes several months ago and mentioned TV as the possible next big thing from Apple, I have been as giddy as a Trekkie on opening night.

All the technology is already out there. Seamless computer and phone integration. Voice response technology. Calendar, music, email, text and and apps invisibly synched behind the scenes via the Cloud. And Apple TV, of course. Seriously the best $99 I have spent since...well since last week when I bought that three ride package at SoulCycle. O.K. Maybe not; but you get the idea. And obviously Apple has the capability to build nice monitors with great resolution. What happens when they put it all together?

Well, you get an Apple TV that can run your life for you. Imagine Siri gently waking you up in the morning via your TV. Or welcoming you home with a little Rat Pack to unwind. Voice commands to change the channel, instead of hunting for ESPN through hundreds of mind numbing channels that you never even heard of.

Most importantly, she could remind me of my appointments on my calendar BEFORE I miss them. "Russell, have you submitted your blog that is due at midnight?" Thanks Siri, you're a sweetheart.

Yeah, I'm ready for this relationship. I just wish she could make me a dirty martini when I got home from school on Saturdays. And Fridays.

No comments: