Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Annoying pop-up window

     I sometimes see pop-up ads. This way is a popular marketing way nowadays and I frequently happen to see pop-up ads. When I see pop-up ads, the window usually pops up in an additional window but not in a new tab. To me, this is too much annoying because I have to move pointer to show the additional window and click the close button to avoid letting unnecessary screen or ad stay in front of me. If this was a new tab, it’s easier than the former because all I have to do is just click the close button.


     From this characteristic, I think the additional window advertisement is less effective than the additional tab advertisement. I tend to delete the additional window as soon as possible because it’s annoying but I sometimes let the new tab stay there because of less annoyance reason. If this applied to most of people, the opportunity for consumers to see the advertisement in the additional tab marketing way is better than the way in the new window. Is this only my issue?

No comments: