Saturday, March 10, 2018

Targeting vs. Conversion Rate


It is my first time to try to run a campaign on Facebook yesterday, although I've had almost 10 years experience in Marketing and Advertising before. I was totally expressed by the information Facebook could provided when marketer try to target their audience.

So I started to think with such targeting capability, Facebook would provide an extremely high conversion rate for sure. However after I search the result online, I found the interesting article (attached below) that Google still achieved the highest conversion rate in advertising. 

Why? Does Google own the comparing data as well? Or there is something we neglect? The article did not explain. In my guess, one reason might be when people use Google they already have the demand for something. While although Facebook has the clear targeting information, it is still in the process of promoting some information to audience. The demand is different. That also explained why the industry thinks Amazon might be a challenger of Google in terms of Advertising.



No comments: