Thursday, July 19, 2012

Popups on our phones ?

Our phones contain personal information and contacts. The more we use mobile as a means to connect to the internet, the more important it is that we protect our information. Digital marketing is quickly expanding into mobile and awareness about mobile safety and protection needs to expand as well. Apps, particularly the free apps we download have ads. The aggressive ads mentioned in this article that have the ability to popup on our mobiles, and gain access to our contacts and information that we have on our phones. It will be interesting to see what develops regarding app privacy policies.

Read more: 

http://www.economist.com/node/21558272

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have pop ups poping out in my phone already and it is so annoying. Well, it is my fault because I am bored and cheap so I download a game in my phone for free. Every time, when I play the game some pop out ads will ...of course pop on my screen. Not that one can just click close. It actually takes a full 2 seconds to do it because they want you to read that ad. It only makes me want to smash my cellphone.
Personally, I think mobile ads are here to stay because of the integration of technology which is all in one. We connect our cellphones to our laptops and computers. We have Bluetooth and internet through our cellphones. Even GPS to track where we are! So collecting data from users is not a surprise. I think there will soon be laws regarding how digital marketing and tracking can be done ethically. But I am just not surprise that some telemarketer will still call your cellphone even it is illegal down the road
Roy