Thursday, July 05, 2012

QR codes

I see QR codes everywhere and have never been moved to scan one; partially because I have never bothered to download the app to do so. It is true that if the app was already on my phone I may be more inclined to do so, simply because that one extra step has been taken care of. It would be beneficial for companies to have such apps already on phones, for those consumers like me.

I question how effective QR codes have been for marketing and advertising. How many people actually take the time to scan QR codes and is there any real conversion?
QR codes could be an amazing tool for marketing if when scanned it does more than just link a person to the companies website. Some companies are using QR codes to provide people information during tours, or Rock the Vote is using them on t-shirts, and once scanned it leads people to voter registration. QR codes could be an instant way to engage a client if they do more than link to a company site.

Read more: http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2012-06-28/qr-code-fatigue#p1

No comments: