Sunday, October 27, 2013

I've spent a lot of this class thinking about the issues with attribution: how do I know that my marketing dollars are resulting in higher sales?  And also, which channels (digital or traditional) are going to let me communicate best with my consumers.

It seems like Mr Perelman at Buzzfeed sure thinks I'd be wasting my time with banner ads.  I don't have the time to fact check the quote, but the strategy chief at the media agency reckons that I am "more likely to summit Mount Everest than to click on a banner ad".

In my view, whether we're talking about banner ads, TV commercials or newspaper ads, the mass channels will continue to decline at the expense of those channels that allow marketers to tailor their messages to individual consumers.  The rise of big data will mean that Hulu ads will be worth a lot more than those on NBC.


No comments: