Sunday, October 27, 2013

Instagram Ads Preview

Again, another social media platform, Instagram, decided to place advertisements. The ads will be relatively standard, once in a while Instagram will plug a sponsored photo in your stream and mark it with “sponsored”. Instagram already have a lot of partners lined up. It is not quite sure how many ads Instagram will post but it shouldn’t be more than 4 per day which is Tumblr’s number. If the user has the same email for Facebook and Instagram, the ads that pop up will be affected by user’s Facebook activity. With Instagram’s ads, Facebook will be able to boost its share to higher than 33%.


Instagram ad is something everybody was expecting so not very surprising but I personally didn’t like the news. I am worried that it will become like Facebook where it’s hard to see the actual posts because there are so many ads on the wall. Today, I went to my Facebook account and deleted all the musicians, movies and TV series that I had liked in the past because it was taking over my Facebook feeds. I hope that Instagram will come up with strict plan of how many ads per day they are going to display and stick to the plan. 

No comments: