Friday, October 18, 2019

Clinch: Personalized programmatic Ads

I was recently introduced to an innovative digital marketing agency that is trying to change the way advertisers create content and serve programmatic ads. Today, creative agencies create many custom adaptations (10-100+) of video or banner ads so they can target specific groups. These creative adaptations are timely, expensive, and there is a limit to their specificity. Enter Clinch, an Ad agency that has software that can render (build) targeted videos and banner ads in real time based on the demographics, location, history, and context of a specific user. They call it personalized programmatic ads.

https://clinch.co/

Imagine I am researching fabric softeners online and I live in Cleveland, Ohio. Through Clinch's technology, Downy can serve me a customized banner ad video that calls out a specific location near me that I can buy the product, they can give me a price discount based on my likelihood to buy and estimated LCV, they can place the exact product image I am interested in seeing, and they can add a specific message that will resonate with me based on my demographic profile. See an example below:



Clinch learns as they serve more ads. They use A/B testing to determine which aspects of the ads are most effective for driving campaign goals and can tailor variables in real time. Overall, companies like Clinch are changing the way advertisers are developing and serving ads.

No comments: