Saturday, October 19, 2019

The Only Email “Ads” that I Read


We all subscribe to some website newsletters without realizing how much ads we are going to receive. I have email addresses that are piled up with newsletters, which I don’t really go through most of them.

I have found a pattern of filtering through those newsletters on myself. For those sales, promotions, and brand campaigns, I rarely open them except one or two brands that I favor. For the publications and journals, I do not open them very often. I already have too much to read for my classes - probably not gonna spend too much time on NY Times or Foreign Affairs if they are not interesting enough. For the events and entertainment, that all depends on the titles and categories. As a student, I already do not have much patience for all of these, needless to say for the busy working people.

However, there is one newsletter that I read every issue that they deliver. It is a magazine called Atmos. Every issue is a well-written article. They are not very long. I read every issue and sometimes I go back and check if I missed any. Not only because they are well-written, but because they contain information that is relevant to me. I am managing a blog in China about sustainable lifestyles, so we want to get updated on what’s the trend around the globe. Thus, I read their newsletter to keep myself informed. I feel like the proper amount of information and value to customers are two factors that affect people’s reactions to the subscriptions. If email marketers can use the algorithm to find the pattern of customer preferences, it could improve the conversion rate of their promotional emails.

No comments: