Monday, May 17, 2010

Say "No" to paper WSJ

By Dekyi

After reading WSJ on my Kindles for a week, I finally decide to cancel my subscription to paper WSJ. The past issues had been piled up to at least a meter in the corner of my apartment and I had to dump them into the trash bin tomorrow morning...Always feeling guilty of "wasting" so much papers. I am never a fan of those fancy electronics, but things like Kindle do change my way of life, at least my reading style. But questions come: do Ipad or Kindle save or change the fate of the book publishers? Here is a good interview on that:
http://bx.businessweek.com/amazoncom/view?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.npr.org%2Ftemplates%2Fstory%2Fstory.php%3FstoryId%3D126196977

At the meantime, I'm still kind of skeptical about Ipad, which is stuck in a difficult place between the smartphone and the laptop and it's not nearly as convenient as a phone or as powerful as a laptop. Plus, it is much heavier than i expected. I used my friend's Ipad to play e-game. But only for an hour, I felt the strain on my forearm. I'd been struggling for a while before I went for Kindle, which is simple and not fancy. But, as a partial fun of Apple, I'm still waiting for a lighter, faster and cheaper Ipad to come.

No comments: