Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Takeover of your car by Apple and Others...

The most recent WWDC conference really made me think about how our privacy is constantly decreasing with all the new digital marketing channels. Apple's iOS for the Car it's just another way of tracking our whereabouts, preferences, habits, etc. It's no longer through just a phone and other portable devices we carry.

I actually had a trial version of similar tool in my car and refused to activate it full time as I felt like I was making no choice on my own anymore. Anything I researched using the car web device felt like marketer's "best choice" for the specific location I was in. It just did not feel right...

I am very curious how car technology will get accepted and to what extent people will be using it. We already appear to be more connected than necessary. Thus, is this additional tool truly for our convenience or another way for marketers to reach us? Read and decide:

http://www.wired.com/autopia/2013/06/ios-in-the-car/

No comments: