Tuesday, June 18, 2013

How many emails are too many?

By now all of us receive some type of email on a frequent basis trying to get us to buy something.
Some emails are more effective than others resulting in us responding and perhaps even making a purchase, but others we don't even open before deleting, and others we classify as spam, never to be seen again.

As I examine my own behavior with regards to dealing with these types of emails I find myself asking what would I prefer if I could change the way these emails are sent to me?
I am open to merchants that I have done business with that provided a satisfactory service or product emailing me once per week, but not more often. Any more frequent than that and I become annoyed.
For a new merchant however, I do not want to see daily or weekly emails. Those strike me as a nuisance.
I would set monthly as an acceptable number.
What's your number??

No comments: