Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Disney is online... everywhere!



Since taking this class I've taken more notice to the ways in which companies utilize online media outlets to market their brands. Disney is one company whose presence I've noticed on multiple channels -- YouTube, Facebook, display ads on Search Engines, and more. This company seems different from many/most others in that it markets its brand as much as, if not more than, its actual products and services.

What particularly interested me is that often, Disney is not marketing anything in particular -- it has a Pinterest board on recipes – random non-Princess ones, like spicy shrimp parmesan pasta - that seems so unrelated to anything it sells. Still, Disney isn’t stupid and I’m sure they are repining recipes with reason.

More on Disney’s digital marketing here. It's a fun read, I promise (seriously).

Question for my classmates: do any other companies with similar brand focused digital marketing come to mind?

No comments: