Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Internet shopping experience

Because I can't try the clothes or shoes on, I tend to not shop on internet. But, these days, the customized email promotion is luring me into checking more stuff that I previously didn't think about. I believe the internet shopping experience will be enhanced by the saved data for each customer. I easily get annoyed when it takes too long time to find my size and go through each click. Also, most of the shopping sites are too complicated. In contrary to the companies' intention to give all the options to customers, customers find it too dragging to go through redundant steps each time they shop. For example, I gave up shopping at Nike.com because it was too complicated to choose everything. I simply wanted to have a cool looking pair that was a bit different, but they made me select all the colors including the inside and outside fabric. I got really confused and it was time consuming. After three trials, I know not to go back. These days, I see more efforts to change the formats that's easier to the cutomers' experience.
When I look around on the internet stores, I like to see three dimensions. There are some stores that they show both the front and the back image. I think more product images they have, better it is for customers to make a purchse decision. As internet shopping nubmers increase, online companies need to come up with a more aggressive marketing plan for each targeted customers.



Online shopping. Do your homework before plunging!
By: devv Member's photo available | Sep 27, 2006 03:49 PM
While nothing beats the experience and advantages of physical shopping ( I’d recommend you do it whenever you can), time constrains, availability and the lure of ad gimmicks are some of the reasonswhy we end up buying online. Fine. But keep a few...
Useful
Tajgift.com - Sahajhaan would approve too!
By: ronin Member's photo available | Sep 27, 2006 02:35 PM
Honestly, I was a skeptic when it came to online shopping till last week! As usual I remembered a very close friends birthday at the nth hour & was ruing the fact that I had not sent her flowers (A regular ritual between us) & that it...
Useful
My Expereince of Online Shoppinng
By: iqbal32 | Sep 16, 2006 06:34 PM
Few days before I don’t like to buy online as I think how can a person buy anything without touching anything or how can a person have a faith on a website. One have to pay money without getting it immediately so it seems to be very strange...


http://www.mouthshut.com/product-reviews/Online_Shopping_Experience-925028487.html

No comments: