Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Laughing on the Subway!

One of the hotter topics these days is whether and how the Web 2.0 revolution can take advantage of the mobile phone and MP3 player explosion and bring content to the small screen. While other countries have seen some amazing advances and success stories in this area, the US has yet to declare a hit in mobile arena. Yes, you can download videos from iTunes, but many people are still reluctant to watch lengthy features on their phones or iPods. Well, I saw this news headline about GoTV's latest release, and I thought that this particular entry might have some potential.

The reason I think it has potential is that clips like Ask a Ninja are not only entertaining, but they are short in length and therefore digestible. While I can't really see myself getting fully into an episode of Entourage on my iPod while riding the 1 uptown (one issue is that I only ride for 5 minutes), I can imagine getting kicks out of one or a couple of Ask a Ninja clips. Same goes for Improv pieces. These are little "snacks" and can easily put a smile on your face as you psyche yourself up for a 9am accounting class (thank god those days are over).

For more on GoTV, see here.

No comments: